While the following are not specific to any age group, youth and young adults are always invited and encouraged to participate in any of the following:
- Monthly Prayer Meeting takes place in the sanctuary the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Wonderful Wednesday Meals happen most Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Family Life Center, and include both prepared menus and potlucks. Contributions to the weekly fare are always welcomed. A donation of $5 per person is appreciated, but no one is turned away from our table.
- Wednesday Bible Study taught by Pastor Mike Treadway begins at 6:30 in the Family Life Center. All are welcome to join the study.
- Chancel Choir meets for practice Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. in the choir room under the direction of Michelle Ruckart. The chancel choir provides the anthem and worship music at Sunday morning service.
- Handbell Choir is also under the direction of Michelle Ruckart. While they don’t meet regularly, you are welcome and encouraged to participate whenever they’re preparing to perform.
- HealthRhythms: Join us at Mountain View UMC to try a new alternative therapy for reducing stress, strengthening your immune system and a time to connect with God and each other. Enjoy a creative experience that lets you drum it all out leaving you energized, focused, and motivated. We will relax and have fun together. No musical experience is required! All are welcome. Contact Gaye King at Rivers from Within for more information.
- Knots of Love meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month at Mountain View United Methodist Church from 6:30 to 8:30pm. The class/group is free but you will need to supply your own crochet hooks and yarn. If you have never crocheted, please pick a medium to larger sized hook ( H, I, or J) and a worsted weight acrylic yarn (like, just regular old cheap yarn) in a medium shade or color – not too light, not too dark (it’s easier to count your stitches). You are encouraged to join their Facebook group to keep up with plans and activities!